October 3, 2023
King Noctis Strategy
Pummel your enemies with this devastating Hero of the Empire!
Study up on King Noctis' skills and strategies to masterfully command this Hero on the field of battle. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to read the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to read the PvE Overview Guide.
After adventuring across Lucis with his friends, Noctis has embraced the responsibilities of his inheritance.
March Slot: Infantry
Roles: Armiger Knight, Assassin
|Warp Slash (Basic): Melee Skill. King Noctis Warp-strikes his target, dealing 105% Damage. Has a 50% Chance to Warp behind non-boss targets.Passive: Noctis gains 10% additional Critical Chance when striking his target from behind. Provides 45% Infantry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Damage increases to 115%, and passive Critical Chance bonus increases to 15%. Infantry HP is increased to 90%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Damage increases to 130%, and passive Critical Chance bonus increases to 25%. Infantry HP is increased to 140%.
|Dynasty Stance (Special): Support Skill. 15 Second Cooldown. King Noctis sacrifices 20% of his current HP to summon the Royal Arms, gaining Dynasty Stance for 10 seconds. Dynasty Stance is a status that invokes a hail of swords when Noctis uses his Basic attack, dealing 70% damage and restoring HP equal to the damage dealt. Provides 45% Infantry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: HP Sacrifice decreases to 15%. Dynasty Stance damage increases to 75%. Infantry HP is increased to 90%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Dynasty Stance duration increases to 15 seconds. Dynasty Stance damage increases to 85%. Infantry HP is increased to 140%.
|King of Lucis (Special): Passive Skill. Party Members gain 5% of King Noctis’s Attack, Critical Chance, and Magic while King Noctis is active. Ignis, Gladiolus, and Prompto receive double bonuses. Provides 45% Infantry Defense to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Stat Boost increases to 10%. Infantry Defense is increased to 100%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Stat Boost increases to 15%. Infantry Defense is increased to 160%
|Apocalypsis (Technique): Ranged Technique. King Noctis fires a homing strike using an array of Royal Arms, dealing 155% damage to his target twice and once to nearby enemies. If Dynasty Stance is active, it is consumed to deal 20% more damage to his target. Provides 90% Infantry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Base damage increases to 165% and Dynasty Stance bonus damage is increased to 30%. Infantry Attack is increased to 180%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Base damage increases to 180% and Dynasty Stance bonus damage is increased to 40%. Infantry Attack is increased to 280%.
|Legacy of the Lucii (Limit Break): Consumes all positive status effects to deliver a devastating, multi-hit assault with the Royal Arms. Deals 175% Damage per hit and performs additional hits for each status consumed. All other party members gain 25% Tech Charge. Provides 45% Infantry Lethality.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Each hit deals 185% damage. Infantry Lethality is increased to 100%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Each hit deals 200% damage. Infantry Lethality is increased to 160%.
Strategy and Usage
In War Combat, King Noctis provides benefits to Infantry Troops and increases Crystal Troop Attack and City Defending Troop Health.
In Party Encounters, King Noctis is a devastating Attacker Hero that wields the power of Lucian kings to inspire his allies and leverage buffs for increased damage. He uses a unique Status Effect called Dynasty Stance to empower his Basic skill and gradually recover HP, and can consume it to increase his Technique damage by up to 40%!
- King Noctis’s King of Lucis is a powerful Skill that can leverage passive bonuses gained from his allies to further boost the offensive stats of his team. Ignis, Gladiolus, and Prompto gain additional boosts when they are by his side, elevating their stats to truly formidable levels. Any stat changes gained from Status Effects won’t impact the benefits he provides his allies, so don’t worry about consuming them with his Limit Break. This team player will not disappoint!
- Legacy of the Lucii does additional damage for every positive status effect that is consumed, so pair him with allies that apply lots of buffs to maximize his potential! Stacking Status Effects are counted individually, so heroes like Cid are especially helpful.
- King Noctis is a decisive attacker that may need some help healing, so pair him with Lunafreya to keep his HP up and attacks strong. He’s most effective when he has positive statuses to consume for the Legacy of the Lucii. Build your team carefully and watch this Hero dominate like the King he is!