May 10, 2023
Inspire your best Attacker with this helpful Companion!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
Gladio’s little sister was just a student in high school when the Crown City fell. She has harbored an innocent crush on Noctis since she was a little girl, but in her heart, Iris knows her fantasy can never become reality.
March Slot: Cavalry
Roles: Synergist, Monk
|Supporting Strike (Basic): Melee Skill. Iris strikes her target; Critical Hits grant Iris Spirit Boost for 3 seconds. Provides 15% Cavalry Troop HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Iris strikes her Companion’s target twice, Critical Hits grant Iris and her Companion Spirit Boost for 3 seconds, and Cavalry Troop HP increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Spirit Boost duration increases to 5 seconds, and Cavalry Troop HP increases to 65%.
|Daughter of Amicitia (Special): Passive Skill. At the start of combat, Iris grants the party member with the highest attack Companion. Iris follows her Companion and supports them with her skills, and Iris and her Companion take 10% reduced damage. Provides 15% Cavalry Troop HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Damage reduction for Iris and her Companion increases to 20%, and Cavalry Troop HP increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Damage reduction for Iris and her Companion increases to 35%, and Cavalry Troop HP increases to 65%.
|Cheer Up (Special): Support Skill, 8 second cooldown. Iris restores 30% of her Companion’s HP and grants them Inspired (status that rapidly restores Tech Charge) for 4 seconds. Provides 15% Cavalry Troop Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Iris restores 40% of her Companion’s HP, and Cavalry Troop Attack increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Inspired duration increases to 8 seconds, and Cavalry Troop Attack increases to 65%.
|Moogle Strike (Technique): Melee Technique. Iris charges and strikes her target with a Moogle Plushie, damaging them and inflicting Stun for 8 seconds. Provides 15% Cavalry Troop Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Damage increases by 20%, and Cavalry Troop Attack increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Stun duration increases to 12 seconds, and Cavalry Troop Attack increases to 65%.
|Eclipse (Limit Break!): Iris and her Companion perform a devastating attack, inflicting Compromised (status that decreases Defense) for 20 seconds; deals massive damage to Magitek. Provides 4% Cavalry Troop Lethality to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Compromised duration increases to 30 seconds, and Cavalry Troop Lethality increases to 9%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Damage increases by 30%, and Cavalry Troop Lethality increases to 15%.
In Marches, Iris provides benefits to Cavalry Troops and increases Skirmish & Guild Hunt Attack Bonus. Iris's Cavalry Troop benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and Skirmish & Guild Hunt Attack Bonus increases when you increase her Star Rank. Use her when you want your Cavalry Troops to shine, or when you’re out attacking PvE Targets on the Realm Map!
In Party Encounters, Iris is a cooperative Support Hero that partners with an ally to assist their efforts!
- Iris’ primary function is to support a powerful Attacker. You should typically bring an Attacker in any Party composition, but it’s especially important to do so if you plan on bringing Iris; she’ll link up with the Party Member with the highest Attack using Companion, Healing them and Inspiring them to give them more Technique usage throughout the fight! If Iris’ Companion is defeated, she will designate the Party Member with the next highest attack as her new Companion. If her fallen Companion is revived, she won’t resume supporting them unless her new Companion is defeated.
- Iris’ Moogle Strike Technique allows you to inflict Stun for up to 12 Seconds, making it a super effective form of ‘crowd control’. Handing out Stuns as often as possible or waiting for the right time are both viable strategies; pair Iris with a Hero that increases her Tech Charge like Cid to maximize her Moogle Strike’s effectiveness!
- Choosing your Party Leader means choosing the Limit Break you want to use, and Iris's Eclipse is a devastating choice, particularly in Party Encounters against Magitek - it’s essentially a 1-hit kill against that enemy type! Compromised is one of the more powerful Negative Status Effects in the game (reducing Defense), and using it on the right target at the right time can swing a difficult encounter in your favor!