February 10, 2023
Discover the recipe for success and find out what Ignis can do!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
Ignis was raised alongside Prince Noctis to be advisor to the heir apparent. An intensive education instilled in him the resourcefulness and composure required for the role, with his tactical acumen proving invaluable over the course of the prince's journey.
March Slot: Ranged
Roles: Elementalist, Chemist
|Precise Attack (Basic): Ranged Skill. Ignis quickly deals damage using a throwing dagger. Provides 15% Ranged Troop HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +5% damage, and Ranged Troop HP increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Ranged Troop HP increases to 50%.
|Elemental Binding (Special): Support Skill, 12 second cooldown. Ignis grants all Party Members Stormbound for 4 seconds (Stormbound imbues weapons with lightning). If Ignis starts combat in the frontline, he grants all Party Members Frostbound instead (Frostbound imbues weapons with ice). Provides 15% Ranged Troop HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Stormbound/Frostbound duration increased by 2 seconds, and Ranged Troop HP increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Cooldown reduced by 2 seconds, and Ranged Troop HP increases to 50%.
|Bon Appétit (Special): Passive Skill. Healing effects from Combat Items are improved by 40%. Provides 15% Ranged Troop Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +10% Party Healing from Combat Items, and Ranged Troop Attack increases 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +10% Party Healing from Combat Items, and Ranged Troop Attack increases 50%.
|Mark (Technique): Ranged Technique. Ignis flings daggers at enemies in front of him, dealing 145% damage and inflicting Imperil for 8 seconds (Imperil is a Status Effect that drastically reduces Critical Avoid). Provides 15% Ranged Troop Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Ranged Troop Attack increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +15% damage, and Ranged Troop Attack increases to 50%.
Strategy and Usage
In Marches, Ignis provides benefits to Ranged Troops and increased Food Gathering Speed. Ignis’ Ranged Troop benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and Food Gathering Speed increases when you increase his Star Rank. Use him when you want your Ranged Troops to shine, or when you’re in need of additional Food!
In Party Encounters, Ignis is a flexible Support Hero that empowers his allies’ skills. His Elemental Binding Special Skill allows you to choose an effect that best suits your Party based on his positioning, and he’s a capable enough combatant to dish out some pain to your enemies!
- Ignis’ Mark Technique is remarkably effective when Ignis is up against a large number of enemies. Each enemy in front of him is inflicted with Imperil, drastically reducing their Critical Avoid stats. Try to use Mark when Ignis is facing as many enemies as possible. Mark can also be used effectively when your other Heroes have their Technique ready - use Mark first, and then unleash your other Techniques with a higher chance of scoring a Critical Hit!
- Elemental Binding offers a unique decision that helps out your Party in one of two ways. Position Ignis properly based on your Party’s composition - have him up front if you have Heroes who work well with Frostbound, or place him in the back if Stormbound is the better option. Don’t forget to consider enemy weaknesses and resistances!
- Ignis is a valuable Support Hero - although he does not have actual Healing abilities like Lunafreya, his Bon Appétit Skill offers a powerful alternative. It may be more beneficial to bring Ignis along and stick to using Items to Heal depending on your Party composition.