February 10, 2023
Protect your comrades with Gladio on the frontline!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
The Amicitia family has long served as the shield protecting the kings of Lucis and their household, and Gladiolus (Gladio) is its eldest son. With his prodigious strength, he stands ever ready to keep his companions from harm.
March Slot: Cavalry
Roles: Knight, Paladin
|Honor Strike (Basic): Melee Skill. Gladiolus slams his two-handed sword into the target, and he recovers HP equal to 15% of the damage dealt. Provides 15% Cavalry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Cavalry HP increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +15% damage, and Cavalry HP increases to 50%.
|Shield of the King (Special): Support Skill, 20 second cooldown. Gladiolus (Gladio) shields the weakest other Party Member from damage and grants them Serene for 4 seconds (Serene is a Status Effect that prevents attacks, but rapidly restores HP and Tech Charge). Gladiolus and the shielded Party Member take 10% reduced damage, and are immune to Control Effects while this Skill is active. Provides 15% Cavalry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +5% Damage Reduction, and Cavalry HP increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Skill cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds, and Cavalry HP increases to 50%.
|Crownsguard Defender (Special): Passive Skill. Nearby Party Members gain 10% Defense. Provides 15% Cavalry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +5% Defense, and Cavalry Attack increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +5% Defense, and Cavalry Attack increases to 50%.
|Tempest (Technique): Melee Technique. Gladiolus dives through the enemy lineup, knocking back and damaging anyone in his way, dealing 140% Damage. Provides 15% Cavalry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +5% damage, and Cavalry Attack increases to 30%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Cavalry Attack increases to 50%.
Strategy and Usage
In Marches, Gladio provides benefits to Cavalry Troops and increased Stone Gathering Speed. Gladio’s Cavalry benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and Stone Gathering Speed increases when you increase his Star Rank. Use him when you want your Cavalry to shine, or when you’re in need of additional Stone!
In Party Encounters, Gladio is a sturdy Tank Hero that protects his wounded allies and knocks enemies away. He’s the ideal front line protector with high Defense and HP!
- Gladio should always be on your front line. His ability to recover HP with his Basic Attack makes him a formidable opponent for your enemies, as he won’t die quickly.
- Shield of the King is an excellent Special Skill - protecting your weakest Party Member for 4 seconds can be a matter of life and death. Granting your Party Member Serene is a great bonus, as it’s essentially a free Combat Item.
- Tempest can be used strategically to help out your Party when faced with mortal danger. Knock away a powerful opponent when they’re about to finish off an ally to save them. This can also be used in tandem with other Heroes’ Techniques, like Ignis’ Mark - knock back the bad guys and put more of them in Ignis’ path!