April 12, 2023
Slash your enemies with this Legendary warrior of Eos!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
Head of the Crownsguard and widely regarded as one of the three most powerful warriors in the Kingdom of Lucis.
March Slot: Infantry
Roles: Warrior, Samurai
|Crippling Strike (Basic): Melee Skill. Cor executes a deliberate strike on his enemy; Critical Hits can inflict Enfeebled for 4 seconds (Enfeebled is a Status Effect that reduces Attack). Provides 35% Infantry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Enfeebled lasts for an additional Second, and Infantry HP increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Infantry HP increases to 110%.
|No Quarter (Special): Melee Skill, 8 second cooldown. Cor unleashes two horizontal strikes, and gains 10% Max HP for each Critical Hit scored (Max 60%). Provides 35% Infantry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +10% Damage, and Infantry HP increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +15% Damage, and Infantry HP increases to 110%.
|The Immortal (Special): Passive Skill. Cor gains +10% Critical Avoid and Defense while he has less than 75% HP. Cor gains +10% Spirit and HP Steal while he has less than 50% HP. Provides 35% Infantry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Cor gains Bravery when a Party Member falls below 25% HP (Bravery is a Status Effect that increases Attack based on missing HP), and Infantry Attack increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +5% HP Threshold bonuses, and Infantry Attack increases to 110%.
|Lion’s Roar (Technique): Ranged Technique. Powerful upward drawn slash that cuts a vertical wide shockwave and moves in a line. Damages and Stuns enemies in its path for 10 seconds. Provides 35% Infantry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Infantry Attack increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +15% damage, and Infantry Attack increases to 110%.
|Transcendence (Limit Break!): Creates a Barrier around all Party Members, reducing incoming damage for 6 seconds. Party Members are immune to Negative Status while Barrier is active. Provides 4% Infantry Lethality to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Barrier lasts for an additional 4 seconds, and Infantry Lethality increases to 9%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: If Cor has Bravery, grants Bravery to the rest of the Party, and Infantry Lethality increases to 15%.
Strategy and Usage
In Marches, Cor provides benefits to Infantry Troops, increases Skirmish & Guild Hunt Attack Bonus, and increases Rally HP Bonus. Cor’s Infantry benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and his other March benefits increase when you increase his Star Rank. Use him when you want your Infantry to shine, when you’re hunting PvE Targets on the Realm Map, and when you’re Rallying!
In Party Encounters, Cor is a durable Tank Hero whose power increases when he or his allies are wounded!
- Cor is a Legendary Hero, and his stats reflect it - he may not have as much Defense as other Tank Heroes like Gladio, but he has a very high Max HP and packs much more of a punch. His abilities are versatile and mesh well with most Party compositions, making him a valuable asset in any encounter. Use Heroes that can increase Cor’s Accuracy, Critical Chance, and Defense for the best results - for example, Ignis’ Mark inflicts Imperil, drastically reducing enemies’ Critical Avoid.
- Cor should always be on your front line. He gets stronger as the fight goes on with The Immortal, and it gets even better once upgraded to Level 2 - Bravery allows Cor to gain Attack from his Party Members when they take too much damage. Waiting to use a Healing Item on a Party Member just to trigger Bravery is a great strategy.
- Lion’s Roar inflicts one of the most powerful Status Effects in the game - Stun! If you can line up a group of enemies just right, 10 seconds of them being unable to act is devastating. Stun also prevents an enemy from being able to Dodge - use Lion’s Roar before your other Party Members’ offensive Techniques to ensure that they hit. You can also use this Technique to try and interrupt a powerful enemy ability - timing is everything!
- Transcendence offers a unique Support ability in Cor’s mostly offensive toolkit. Barrier’s damage reduction is powerful in its own right, but this Limit Break really shines with providing immunity to Negative Status Effects. Use this at the appropriate time against enemies that have dangerous debilitating abilities! When upgraded to Lv 3, the added Bravery for everyone in the Party can also help you burn down the last few enemies (or a Boss) towards the end of a tough encounter.