March 29, 2023
Get to work on bolstering your Party with Cid!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
Owner and operator of the Hammerhead Service Station. Thirty years ago, Cid traveled with King Regis as the royal house mechanic.
March Slot: Ranged
Roles: Synergist, Scholar
|Skill Upgrade (Basic): Support Skill. Cid grants 6 (1, 2, and 3) stacks of Skill Boost to up to 3 random party members. Skill Boost is a Status that grants bonus Tech Charge for Skill usage. Provides 15% Ranged Troop HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: +3 total Stacks of Skill Boost, and Ranged Troop HP increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +3 total Stack of Skill Boost, and Ranged Troop HP increases to 65%.
|Shield Upgrade (Special): Support Skill, 6 second cooldown. Party Members with Skill Boost gain Bonus Shields for 6 seconds. Bonus Shields are increased by 25% for each stack of Skill Boost and Technique Boost. Provides 15% Ranged Troop HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Granted Bonus Shields duration increases to 8 seconds, and Bonus Shields are increased by 35% for each stack of Skill Boost and Technique Boost. Ranged Troop HP increases to 35%
- Level 3 Upgrade: Granted Bonus Shields duration increases to 10 seconds, and Bonus Shields are increased by 50% for each stack of Skill Boost and Technique Boost. Ranged Troop HP increases to 65%.
|Master Mechanic (Special): Passive Skill. Enemies are less likely to attack Cid, and Party members gain 10% increased Critical Avoid while Cid is active. Provides 15% Ranged Troop Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Party members’ gained Critical Avoid increases to 15% while Cid is active, and Ranged Troop Attack increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Party members’ gained Critical Avoid increases to 30% while Cid is active, and Ranged Troop Attack increases to 65%.
|Technique Upgrade (Technique): Support Technique. All Party members gain 1 stack of Technique Boost (status that increases Attack while using Techniques), and +1 stack for each of their stacks of Skill Boost. Removes all stacks of Skill Boost. Provides 15% Ranged Troop Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Party members gain 2 stacks of Technique Boost, and Ranged Troop Attack increases to 35%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Party members gain 3 stacks of Technique Boost, and Ranged Troop Attack increases to 65%.
|Mr. Hammerproof Thickskull (Limit Break!): Cid gains 1 stack of Hard Work whenever he uses a Skill or Technique. When used, all Party Members gain 10% increased Attack for the rest of combat. This amount is increased by 10% for each stack of Hard Work that Cid has accumulated. All party members also gain Shield Syphon (status that grants Shields based on damage dealt) for 10 seconds. Provides 4% Ranged Troop Lethality to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Party members’ gained Attack increases to 20%, and Ranged Troop Lethality increases to 9%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Party members’ gained Attack increases to 30%, and this amount is now increased by 15% for each stack of Hard Work that Cid has accumulated. Ranged Troop Lethality increases to 15%.
In Marches, Cid provides benefits to Ranged Troops and increases Skirmish & Guild Hunt Attack Bonus. Cid's Ranged Troop benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and Skirmish & Guild Hunt Attack Bonus increases when you increase his Star Rank. Use him when you want your Ranged Troops to shine, or when you’re out attacking PvE Targets on the Realm Map!
In Party Encounters, Cid is a surly Support Hero that upgrades his allies’ Skills and Shields from his workbench. It is important to note that Cid does not attack in Party Encounter combat at all - all of his Skills are support Skills that are used to upgrade and boost his allies.
- Cid is especially rewarding to patient players that value manual play during Party Encounters. Waiting to use Cid’s Technique Upgrade before anyone else’s Technique is key. Allow his Skill Upgrade to provide stacks of Skill Boost to your Party, and then use Technique Upgrade to increase their Attack with Techniques for each stack. Unleashing all of your Party’s Techniques after Cid’s Technique Upgrade can be devastating for your enemies - try using this strategy right when a second wave arrives and watch their ranks diminish quickly.
- Cid is a versatile Support Hero in the sense that he can help any Hero become much stronger in battle, but he has some extra synergy with Luna and/or Cindy. As above, use Cid’s Technique Upgrade first, and then Luna’s or Cindy’s Technique (or both!) to increase your damage dealers’ Attack even more. If you want to use Cid, Luna, and Cindy in your Party, make sure to bring pure Attackers with them - Cid doesn’t attack, and your battles might drag out for quite some time without enough damage output.
- Cid does not have actual healing abilities, but his Skills offer an interesting alternative. Using Items to heal when needed instead of a Support Hero with healing abilities is a viable option while you let Cid empower and Shield your Party. When using a ‘no Healer’ strategy, you could pair him with Ignis for increased benefits from Healing Items from his Bon Appétit Skill - use Cid’s Technique Upgrade to boost your Party, Ignis’ Mark to inflict Imperil, and then your other attackers’ Techniques to dish out some serious damage.
- If you find that another Party Member on your frontline is being defeated too quickly in a specific Party Encounter, you can leverage Cid's Master Mechanic Skill to divert the enemy's attention to another Hero instead! Make this work by placing Cid on your frontline instead of your struggling Hero - enemies are less likely to attack Cid because of Master Mechanic, and they will naturally target your other frontline Heroes.
- Choosing your Party Leader means choosing the Limit Break you want to use, and Cid's Mr. Hammerproof Thickskull can wreak absolute havoc. Just like with Technique Upgrade, using this before you use your other Party members' Techniques is a must. Cid accumulates stacks of Hard Work as the fight goes on, meaning the longer you wait to use it, the better! Activate Mr. Hammerproof Thickskull during the later phases of a Party Encounter and watch your Heroes tear apart the opposition. This can be particularly useful when you're ready to burn through a Boss' remaining HP and finish a fight.