May 17, 2023
Heal and Revive your allies with this magical Support Hero!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
Carbuncle is a magical creature sent by the gods to protect and assist Noctis in his journey.
March Slot: Infantry
Roles: Medic, Synergist
|Carbuncle’s Favor (Basic): Support Skill. Carbuncle steadily recharges the Tech Bar of nearby party members. Allies with Full Tech Charge gain bonus Attack equal to 10% of Carbuncle’s Attack. Provides 35% Infantry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Attack bonus for Full Tech Charge allies increases to 15%, and Infantry HP increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Attack bonus for Full Tech Charge allies increases to 20%, and Infantry HP increases to 110%.
|Serene Presence (Special): Support Skill, 20 second cooldown. When attacked, Carbuncle teleports to safety and gains Serene for 2.5 seconds. While Carbuncle has Serene (Serene is a Status Effect that prevents attacking, but rapidly restores HP and Tech Charge), nearby allies gain Revitalized (Revitalized is a Status Effect that steadily restores HP). Provides 35% Infantry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Serene duration increases to 3.5 seconds, and Infantry HP increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Serene duration increases to 5 seconds, and Infantry HP increases to 110%.
|Messenger’s Bond (Special): Passive Skill. Carbuncle has 10% increased HP. If Noctis (Prince Noctis or King Noctis) is an ally, this effect is doubled and also granted to him. Provides 35% Infantry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Boosted HP increases to 15%, and Infantry Attack increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Boosted HP increases to 30%, and Infantry Attack increases to 110%.
|Glittering Ruby (Technique): Ranged Technique. Carbuncle teleports to the weakest party member and removes any Burnt, Shocked, and Frozen Status Effects, and that ally gains Immunity to these Status Effects if they are removed. The ally’s HP is restored by 20% of Carbuncle's Max HP, and an additional 5% for each of their Positive Status Effects. Provides 35% Infantry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: HP restored increases to 25% of Carbuncle’s Max HP, and Infantry Attack increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: HP restored increases to 30% of Carbuncle’s Max HP, and Infantry Attack increases to 110%.
|Ruby Light (Limit Break!): Carbuncle brings a fallen party member back to life, restoring 60% HP; restores 60% HP to the weakest party member if no allies have fallen. Provides 4% Infantry Lethality to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Restored HP increases to 75%, and Infantry Lethality increases to 9%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Restored HP increases to 100%, and Infantry Lethality increases to 15%.
Strategy and Usage
In Marches, Carbuncle provides benefits to Infantry Troops, increases Rally HP Bonus, and increases City Assault HP Bonus. Carbuncle’s Infantry benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and his other March benefits increase when you increase his Star Rank. Use him when you want your Infantry to shine, when you’re Rallying, and when you’re attacking enemy Cities!
In Party Encounters, Carbuncle is a magical Support Hero that bolsters nearby allies’ Tech Charge and Health, even reviving them in a pinch!
- Carbuncle’s Favor pairs well with players that like to wait to use the Techniques at the right time. This Basic Skill charges Tech Bars faster, and once your allies’ Tech Bar is full, they’ll gain extra Attack - the longer you wait to use an Allies Technique, the more Attack they’ll gain.
- You must bring Noctis (Prince Noctis or King Noctis) alongside Carbuncle to fully take advantage of Messenger’s Bond. Not only will Carbuncle miss out on extra HP, but the added HP to Noctis makes a huge difference!
- Carbuncle’s Glittering Ruby Technique is a powerful Healing ability on its own, but it is most effective in Party Encounters with enemies that inflict the Burnt, Shocked, and Frozen Status Effects - these effects can take over a fight, and granting your allies immunity to them is a gamechanger! You may be tempted to use this Technique right when it’s available, but try to time it for when one of your allies is inflicted - the immunity is only granted if Glittering Ruby removes one of those Status Effects.
- Ruby Light is a fantastic Limit Break, allowing you to Revive a fallen ally! Using Carbuncle as your Leader lends to new Item strategies, as you’ll be able to use one of your coveted Item slots on something other than a Phoenix Down.