June 14, 2023
Silence your opponents with this airborne Legendary Attacker!
This type of Guide details what Heroes are capable of and how you can use them. For more information on Hero Classes, March Slots, etc., make sure to visit the Heroes Overview Guide. For more information on Party Encounter Combat and how it works, make sure to visit the PvE Overview Guide.
Commodore of Niflheim's Third Army Corps' 87th Airborne Division. Born and raised in the western continent, Aranea first proved her prowess in the field as a mercenary.
March Slot: Cavalry
Roles: Assassin, Dragoon
|Piercing Strike (Basic): Melee Skill. Aranea strikes her target three times. Each hit removes one Positive Status Effect, and if 2 statuses are removed, inflict Silence for 4 seconds (Silence is a Status Effect that prevents Technique and advanced Skill usage). Provides 35% Cavalry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Silence lasts for an additional 2 seconds, and Cavalry HP increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +10% damage, and Cavalry HP increases to 110%.
|Drain Lance (Special): Melee Skill, 8 second cooldown. Aranea launches herself toward the farthest enemy, damaging all enemies in her path and stealing 4% Tech Charge from damaged enemies. Provides 35% Cavalry HP to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds, and Cavalry HP increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Tech Charge Steal increases to 6%, and Cavalry HP increases to 110%.
|Aerial Advantage (Special): Passive Skill. If Auto Battle is not active when Aranea uses Highwind, she becomes temporarily Airborne. While Airborne, Aranea can’t be targeted by Melee skills and is immune to Control Effects. Using Highwind again ends this effect. Provides 35% Cavalry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Aranea gains 10% Evasion against Melee skills (regardless of being Airborne or not), and Cavalry Attack increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Evasion against Melee skills increases to 20%, and Cavalry Attack increases to 110%.
|Dragoon Dive (Technique): Ranged Technique. Aranea lunges at her target, damaging and briefly Staggering them (Stagger is a Status Effect that briefly knocks the target backwards and they are temporarily Stunned). Inflicts Tech Charge Block for 4 seconds, and reduces the target’s Defense by 20% for the rest of the battle. Provides 35% Cavalry Attack to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Tech Charge Block increases to 6 seconds, and Cavalry Attack increases to 70%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +15% damage, and Cavalry Attack increases to 110%.
|Highwind (Limit Break!): Aranea jumps into the air, then descends on her target(s), slamming her lance into the ground. Inflicts Enervate for 15 seconds (Enervated is a Status Effect that reduces all stats). Provides 4% Cavalry Lethality to Marches.|
- Level 2 Upgrade: Enervate duration increases to 20 seconds, and Cavalry Lethality increases to 9%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: +30% damage, and Cavalry Lethality increases to 15%.
Strategy and Usage
In Marches, Aranea provides benefits to Cavalry Troops, increases City Wall Attack Bonus, and increases City Assault Attack Bonus. Aranea’s Cavalry benefits increase when you upgrade a Skill, and her other March benefits increase when you increase her Star Rank. Use her when you want your Cavalry to shine, when you’re attacking enemy players!
In Party Encounters, Aranea is an edgy Attacker Hero that dashes around the battlefield, disrupting her foes’ Techniques!
- Aranea is a Legendary Hero, and her stats reflect it with powerful offensive potential. Her greatest value in Party Encounters is with her ability to remove Positive Status Effects and inflict Silence, seriously debilitating opponents that rely on buffing themselves or each other. This is achieved with her Basic Skill, so this can occur frequently throughout the entire Party Encounter! If you’re battling against buff-happy opponents, Aranea should definitely be in your Party.
- Aranea is also particularly powerful against Melee opponents, as her Aerial Advantage provides Evasion against Melee skills when upgraded. When paired with her Limit Break, Aerial Advantage makes her untouchable against Melee opponents for large portions of a Party Encounter.
- Aranea is a versatile Attacker Hero that brings a punch to any Party composition. Deploying her on your back line can maximize the potential of Drain Lance, as there is a chance to hit more targets as she launches across the battlefield. You can also use her Dragoon Dive Technique to tear down opponents’ Defenses - this effect stacks, making it useful against tough opponents like Bosses!
- Highwind is a devastating Limit Break that has two functions depending on if you’re using Auto Battle. Both are powerful, but manual play adds an extra layer of strategy that truly makes this Limit Break shine!
- With Auto Battle toggled on, Aranea will jump up and immediately slam down, completing the Limit Break and inflicting damage and Enervate.
- With Auto Battle toggled off, Aranea will jump up and remain Airborne from Aerial Advantage. She does not attack in this state, but will move around the battlefield - wait for the right moment to tap Limit Break again and complete the skill, damaging and inflicting Enervate on multiple targets if you chose to land on a group! Activating Auto Battle after manually activating Highwind will also complete the Limit Break, functioning the same as if you tapped Limit Break again.